What amazing features does iOS 13.3 brings?
iOS 13.3 (659MB) released on 10th December. All devices running iOS 13 can run iOS 13.3 too, which includes iPhone 6S and newer and iPod touch 7th generation. Beta testers should unroll their iPhones if they are running a later version of iOS. The notification of Update should be received automatically but still, you can it manually by going Settings > General > Software Update.
iPhone owners have reported issues with apps crashing randomly, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity problems, background activity forcefully shut down by the mobile operating system, as well as a slew of other issues. The complaints about iOS 13 were so high that apple had to release iOS 13.1 to solve some of those problems, after a few days of the release of iOS 13.
iOS 13.3 promises to fix:
1. A bug in Apple Mail which prevents downloading the new messages
2. An issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
3. A bug that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages, a problem where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
4. An issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps, and finally
5. A bug that prevented the missed call badge on the Phone app appearing
6. A bug which causes slow wireless charging
8. Mobile Data problem:
“Since yesterday night, my iPhone 7 Plus’ internet connection is broken. I can still receive notifications but when I open the app it says that I do not have an internet connection. This is happening on all apps on either mobile data or Wi-Fi. Running iOS 13.3.” – iPhone user
“@AppleSupport installed iOS 13.3 this morning, no longer have mobile data service (only WiFi). Any ideas? (iPhone XS Max, dual SIMs installed)” – iPhone user
Some users found that resetting their device solves the problem.
Remaining bugs to fix:
1. Battery life drains fastly in iOS 13. Looks like Apple denied one of their biggest bugs.
“Just updated my iPhone 7 to ios 13.3. Battery life still the same as before. Guess this is how we’re gonna live our life now” – iPhone user
1. Parental control has been increased. Now Parents can control their kids Face time, call, and Messages. They can even put some kind of a timer to make these apps stop working after the given time. But if he kid using any third-part apps like Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram e.t.c. Then iOS 13.3 will not be able to help.
Parents can also manage the contact list appear on their child’s phone.
2. Apple News+ will have a new layout from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers. The options of like and dislike will also be given.
3. More editing options for pictures. Even you can also edit a video and put some effect on it.
4. Support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in safari.
5. Dark mode (The most anticipated feature).
8. An option from where the emojis which are shown on the keyboard can de-activated.
Apple’s watchOS 6.1.1 also supports iOS 13. Apple is also going to release iOS 13.3.1 soon. Don’t know if it’s this year or next. But the remaining bugs sure will be fixed in that iOS.
Have you already upgrade your iPhone to iOS 13.3? What was your experience? Does this version provide enough security? Please share your beliefs in the given section below.