What will you get to see In “iPhone 12”?
Finally, Apple has announced its new iPhone 12’s release date which would be in September next year. The new iPhone is still 9 months away but we’re already hearing about the details (or you can say rumors) of what to expect. We are expecting the next Apple’s flagship name to be iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. It’s the other thing if Apple chooses to change the naming scheme from what it used in the 2019’s iPhone lineup.
There would be 3 Display sizes of 5.4, 6.1, and 6.7 inches. A rumor which suggests that the 5.4 and 6.7 inches iPhone will have the higher end OELD, whereas 6.1 inch iPhone will offer a lower end OELD. 5.4 inches iPhone 12 pro will be the smallest one compared to the 4.7 inches iPhone 8 (released in 2017). Whereas, 6.7 inches iPhone 12 Pro Max would be the largest one to date. According to Ming-Chi Kuo (analyst in Apple), the new iPhones will have a design that would be more complex segmented and will use new trenching alongside the molding procedures, which resemble the frame of iPhone 4 with a squared-edged stainless steel frame between two pieces of glass. The iPhone 4 had a distinctive, flat look frame made with the stainless steel, which can be copied to the new iPhones. The rounded frame which is built of stainless steel will be replaced and the use of front & back glass for the body of the device will also be continued.
1. New TrueDepth camera system which abolishes the size of the notch on the anterior.
2. 3D triple-lens rear camera system which uses a laser to calculate depth information for objects in the room (which will improve its photography & AR capabilities).
3. 5G support will be enabled in all three iPhones, allowing the new devices to connect to 5G which is much faster than 4G LTE networks.
4. TSMC will manufacture the 5-nanometer chips which will be smaller, faster, and will be more battery efficient due to improved thermal management (A14 Chip).
5. “The iPhone 12 will have a 4GB Ram, whereas iPhone 12 & 12 Pro Max will have a 6GB Ram,” says Blayne Curtis (Barclays analyst).
6. Fullscreen under- fingerprint sensor (No TouchID anymore), which will make a user unlock the iPhone by touching anywhere on the screen.
7. Apple is working towards getting rid of the notch completely but we may or may not be able to get an iPhone 12 without the notch.
8. Free airpord for every iPhone 12 buyer.
As iPhone 11 has been a total flop with no significant sellings, Apple has high hopes with its iPhone 12’s selling to reach their usual 100M+ figures. But would there be enough demand for 5G? As 5G is way better than 4G LTE, but its coverage has not been spread as much as it should be.
Carriers are trying their best to spread their 5G all over the world as soon as possible. By the time the iPhone 12 will be released, 5G may cover most of the places.
Now that Jony Ive (formal chief design officer Apple) has left, we hope to see a completely new design for the new iPhone.
What do you guys think about these rumors? What spec should they also add in their upcoming iPhone? Please share your opinion in the given comment section below.